Ronkonkoma, NY 11779
Mechanical/Fluids Design Engineer
Founded in 2012, Innoveering is a dynamic engineered products and services company with exciting projects in the aerospace and energy sectors developing propulsion and power system components, harsh environment sensors, actuators, and controls. Our customers and partners include the U.S. Government, major aerospace and energy companies, and venture capital funded startups. Innoveering is 100% owned by its founders.
We are seeking 2 full-time Mechanical and Fluids Design Engineer for our young growing privately-owned company. The ideal candidate will have 3 or more years of experience with project management of engineering intensive products. Experience with aerospace, automotive, sensors, or oil and gas applications is a plus. Proficiency is required in mechanical design and manufacturing processes.
CAD experience is a requirement and hands-on experience is preferred.
Daily use of software will include design software such as SolidWorks, MATLAB, MS Excel, and other Microsoft Office Suite capabilities. Familiarity with ANSYS products (specifically Mechanical and FLUENT) would be ideal. This position will require experience with structural mechanics, fluid dynamics, heat transfer and machine elements and design. Understanding of mechanical, fluidic and thermal sciences will be critical to the position. Knowledge of compressible fluid dynamics and designing components relevant to those environments is highly preferred.
Travel to vendor locations required. Compensation commensurate with experience. Casual office environment with growth opportunities within the company. Position includes subsidized medical benefits, 401k tax deferred savings plan with company match, paid vacations and company holidays.
Daily Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Mechanical design and analysis of aerospace components and systems using SolidWorks, Microsoft Excel, MATLAB and/or ANSYS.
- Analysis activities will range from simple hand calculations to modeling for understanding structural, thermal, and/or fluidic behavior of systems/components to support design tasks.
- Generate charts and/or reports to efficiently compile results of design and analysis activities for presentation to team and/or customers.
- Organize and /or attend meetings with team to discuss project design tasks and schedule to meet deadlines effectively.
- Executing the team derived plan for critical path commercialization efforts for our designs.
- Provide attention to detail, thoroughness and prioritization of activities with clear and concise communication ability along with a willingness to learn and deploy proven product and process readiness activities.
- Manage vendor qualification activities including KPIs and metrics of advancement of TRL/MRL.
- Interface with our in-house team of engineers, lab technicians, purchasing, accounting and management to instill robust processes, and continuous quality efforts to standardize and implement best practices.
- Ensure that standard quality practices such as 5S’s, Flow Charts, Control Plans, Process Operation Sheets, Inspection check sheets, test plans and reports are effective to insure high quality and lean operations.
(1) 4-year college engineering degree and Masters preferred with a minimum of 3 years’ experience.
(2) US Citizenship /Valid Driver’s License / Ability to Pass Background Investigation & Drug Screening.
(3) Proficiency in CAD modeling, preferably with SolidWorks.
(4) Good organizational, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report and present findings.
(5) Good interpersonal skills to effectively interface with all levels of employees including management and outside representatives.
(6) Good computational skills in design and analysis.
(7) The ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential.
(8) The ability to exercise independent judgment in solving a variety of routine and non-routine tasks and issues.
(9) The ability to manage time effectively and support multiple projects simultaneously.
Innoveering, LLC is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.